On October 5th, 2012 I met my hero. I met Austin Robert Carlile. He was the sweetest man on the face of this earth. I handed him the Cheerios for Aaron, so he could put it with his pile of gifts and Austin just laughed. He said, “Aaron is going to be so happy. He came on the bus the other day so excited because he had just bought some peanut butter Cheerios, and we were like, ‘Dude nobody cares.’” I laughed and he smiled at me and then I gave him a stuffed Yoda and he was so overjoyed and the smile on his face was precious. He said he had gotten a backpack already, but it wasn’t the same, he could actually sleep with this one. He thanked me and gave me a big hug. I kind of lost it then and started bawling into him. He went to pull away after a few minutes, but realized I was crying and pulled me back into him and hugged me tighter. I can’t even put into words how I felt in that moment. I never wanted it to end. When I had stopped crying he pulled away and asked if I wanted a picture. He took my phone and saw that he was my background. He broke into a huge smile and was like, “This picture is so sweet. How have I never seen it?” I told him I got it from tumblr and he was like “Really?” I nodded and someone near me said, “Man you like own tumblr.” He laughed and then took a picture with me. He was rushed though, he had to leave in like 15 minutes, and so he didn’t take any pictures of himself which made me a little sad, but I didn’t care. I had just met Austin. He is my inspiration. He is my hero. He is why I still get up every morning. He is everything to me and I hope he knows what an impact he’s had on all of our lives. Thank you Austin Carlile.
I planned on waiting until Austin left before I would go, and as I was standing there Aaron came out of the bus. He walked over to Austin and said Phil and Alan were still at the movies. Some of the girls looked disappointed at the news, but I was so happy Aaron was here. I gave him his Cheerios and he was so happy. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him smile so big as when he saw the box of Cheerios. I gave him his letter too and he was so thankful. I asked for a picture and he said of course. He wouldn’t let me take a picture though until the Cheerios were in the picture saying Smile. He was the cutest thing. Then someone brought them over a pizza and Aaron got the biggest grin on his face as he ate his pizza and held his Cheerios, and every picture with someone after that, they were in the picture. He was so adorable. I hope Aaron becomes a permanent member because he is so talented and like a little precious teddy bear.
October 5th, 2012 was the best night of my life.
tagged as: Aaron Pauley. Austin Carlile. Of Mice & Men. Of Mice and Men.
- makerofmusicdreamerofdreams likes this
- ambitionarycycles likes this
- lemonninjaa likes this
- undecay likes this
- youaretheheart likes this
- laurenjaureggo likes this
- voiceswithin likes this
- forever-entwined likes this
- homesick92 likes this
- i-melt-like-the-snow reblogged this from alexandria-had-no-answer
- bye-bye-butterfree reblogged this from carterbarakatcarlile
- wherethewildonesmosh likes this
- thisis-faithfulness-atits-finest reblogged this from love-is-my-poison
- carterbarakatcarlile reblogged this from love-is-my-poison
- 2posh-2mosh reblogged this from alexandria-had-no-answer
- pizza-and-painkillers reblogged this from alexandria-had-no-answer
- pizza-and-painkillers likes this
- ydgnthedaysaway likes this
- alexandria-had-no-answer reblogged this from love-is-my-poison
- xashleeyx likes this
- tbhdimples reblogged this from love-is-my-poison
- love-is-my-poison posted this